Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Momma and Jax

Because I have had to opportunity to live all over the world I have enjoyed and experienced the differences that every great place has to offer. Even living in the continental united states has subtle differences others may not even notice unless they lived abroad (abroad the u.s i'm talking).

Example... In the south women dress their children in beautiful heirloom/boutique clothing...They tote around beautiful baby bags, burp clothes and other accessories that have been made by hand and many times embroidered with initials or cute little appliques....Something most other areas do not. (though i have not been to the north east....so they may there? *shrug*)

The longer I live here the more I adore the cute little outfits I see children wear. Though my husband has not shared the same adornment thus far... that is until Sunday. Joe had already left early for church to attend meetings. I had the task of waking and dressing the boys on my own which means... I CAN DRESS THEM WITHOUT THE COMMENTARY OF MY BELOVED! =) Though he has a great sense of style he does not prefer to have his strapping young men dressed in more "feminine" clothes. Though on occasion the more boys I have I am allowed a few free passes and can dress them for church in cute little bubble suits, peter pan collars and sailor suits. (until they reach 1yr)

So Sunday I dressed Jax in an outfit I bought months ago. I took lots of pictures beforehand just in case joe snatched him from church and took him home to redress him (something that wouldn't surprise me in the least)... To my dismay he didn't say a word. Later that morning as jax was crawling around on the floor joe said..."Man, he is so cute in that little outfit!" As he said it it was if angels began to sing the Hallelujah Chorus... hahaha... I was tickled pink. So that is why I am posting pictures today of my cute little jax in his Sailor Outfit... =) Thanks Babe! That's why I Love You!! Happy Tuesday Everyone!!





9 comments:

amanda said...

I can relate to this perfectly. And thanks for all of the tips. I seem to be back on track now. For a few days anyway...

The Phipps said...

His is so cute in that outfit!!! And Mama is pretty too!!!!

Anonymous said...

Haha! Daniel said that same thing the other day at church. Our son's will never wear clothing like that! I will make sure of it when he is deployed or on a TDY. I forgot to say in my last comment to tell Joe he is a awesome Father and I love him.

Windy said...

How cute! I especially his combed hair! Little Man!!

Krystal said...

I love the outfit!! What a little cutie, I can't believe how big he is.

~The Dippold's said...

So cute!! I love the little bubble suits, peter pan collars and sailor suits on little boys. We will see how much I can get away with once I have little boys. :)

Mrs. Projectaholic said...

you already know I love that outfit ;0)!!! Great pics of you and the little stud muffin!

Nicole said...

I can so relate to what you are going through. My Joe said the same exact thing about Austin, because I dressed the girls in smocked clothes and stuff. He said "my boys will never wear that crap". Well he is eating his words because he wears whatever I put on him!
P.S. Love the outfit!

Brian said...

lol. i love how involved joe is with the kids. and you are very sneaky, sneaky lady!