Last night we had ball games... one at 530 and one at 730 with an hour wait in the middle. Halfway thru the second game jaxon comes over to me and says he doesn't feel very good. Considering it is past his bedtime and that he is tired I scoop him up in my lap and rub his back while I continue to watch the game. Lucas was on fire! He was fielding great, hitting the ball well, and the team was really working hard. Then out of the blue jaxon says, "I'm gonna be sick!" Before i even have time to register what he said he has drenched me from head to toe in ...uh.....er...you know! So i quickly go to the bathroom for some paper towels, sliding in my flip flops the whole way... GROSS! We get there and ...NO PAPER TOWELS... AWESOME! So i take off his shirt and clean it in the sink and use it to try and clean up the mess. Once I felt like we could make it to the car halfway decent (if there is such a thing at this point!) I told carter to tell dad we had to leave... so carter runs ONTO the field during the game to tell his dad who is coaching that "mommy is leaving because jaxon just threw up all over her!" everyone is staring but to be honest, I just didn't really care. I had more important things going on. We get to the car and home just in time... he loses it again. POOR GUY! i put him in the bath and then in warm pajamas and realized i need to set up camp for the night. Just about that time Joe and the boys get home. I find out that Lucas hit a home run on 2 outs which gets the team to rally and comeback and win the game.. I MISSED IT! I was sad, but I knew jaxon needed me and quickly turned back to him. I put my pillow and a blanket beside his bed with a few wash cloths and bowls and got ready for the night... Every 10-15 minutes for 15 hrs it went on... and on... and on... sweet little jaxon was really sick. I felt soooo incredibly bad for my little 3 yr old. It has finally subsided and he is now resting... but since my jobs continue I am not.... I have run 4 loads of laundry, cleaned two bathrooms again (because they were scrubbed yesterday too) and changed two beds with sheets... I just sat down for my lunch and decided a blog post was necessary.
Sleep can come tonight after i teach my hour class and have the mother daughter dinner we have planned for our girls tonight at church (oh- yeah, did i mention i have that to do too?!?!?!). Hopefully I will sleep like a rock.
The point of this post is not a woe is me, quite the contrary. Because I felt SOOO incredibly loved and appreciated this last weekend from my family, it makes days and nights like this one doable. My night was tough, but all mother's have tough nights... we care for our homes and our families because we love them and it's our job, but how much easier is it to fulfill our job and roll when we feel like others around us notice???? So, please, let mother's know that they are doing a good job... trust me when I say we will work even harder when we know other's notice all our efforts!

1 comment:
Oh No! I'm impressed you taught too! Let's just hope that his flu bug doesn't get spread around the family so you don't have any more sleepless nights! Sorry girl, good luck :)
Post a Comment