Saturday, June 25, 2011

Summertime, and the livin's EASY!

The best part about summer is spending more time at home. My house is so much cleaner... Surprising I know. But i believe children need to learn to take part in chores to help around the house. Even tho I can clean up much faster, they have to learn. After dinner, clean up is a family affair. The boys started doing chores very young. They all know how to clean bathrooms, put toys away, make their beds, sweep, mop, dust, rinse plates, and load the dishwasher. They can all put their laundry away too. During school it seems like we are so busy going here-there- and everywhere that we don't have time to sit at home and just be a family and work together.... YAY FOR SUMMER!!



This is the other reason why I HEART summer. THE BEACH!! We vowed as a family we would take advantage this year... AND WE HAVE!!! We have three more big beach trips planned before we are back in school and I CAN'T WAIT!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to go to the beach with you! Those blues waves and white sands I miss so much!

Mitchell4 said...

That's Awesome Amanda that you teach the boys to clean nowadays. Who knew it'd be so difficult to sit back and watch when it's so much easier to do it ourselves. The beach looks heavenly. It's calling my name as I type this.Which one do you go to? Grayton? St Andrews? Enjoy your Summer.

Lisa Fox said...

I agree about loving summer. My house is way cleaner too. I never would have thought it but having them home is like having 8 arms. My girls and boy are doing such a great job of helping out. They make their beds every morning and help with all the chores. Wow, it makes such a happier home. I have called it the summer of clean because i'm hoping it will only take this summer to make it a habit...AND I am so jealous of you guys going to the beach so much. I think we are going tommorow but that is the only time we have planned SO far!! Miss you guys so much!

us said...

Ha, after reading that post my kids will be scrubbing the house tomorrow. Miss you :)