Friday, October 28, 2011

Saying Good-Bye....

Today I said good-bye to my most beautiful home we have owned to date. I have worked day in and out trying to tie up loose ends and get ready for this move.

To those who are wondering why we moved in the first place.... Our plan was always to build and sell within 2-3 yrs. Our situation is not like most. Joe is self employed... His form of retirement is real estate. since he can build homes for less cost than others, we choose to take the unorthodox route. We have rentals and other homes we move into then sell. Leaving this home was not really that difficult (emotionally) because I never thought this was my forever home. And, to b honest, I'm just not very sentimental! My deep hope is that the next house we build we stay in for a much longer time!!!

I have learned so much during this move. It's amazing how much time u have to think when u r packing boxes and scrubbing baseboards!

1. I don't like to ask for help... Even when I need it.
2. My mom is amazing!! This week she has tirelessly helped me pack, clean, pick children up from school, fed us dinner, and helped my children with homework so I could work late. She has let us stay at her home- interfere with her daily schedule, and leave our extra things laying around her spotless house! She has done my laundry and given many many hugs-- all with a cheery disposition!!!
3. Starting to pack a week before u are suppose to b out is NOT a swell idea when your home is almost 3000 sq ft!
4. I have been the recipient of some amazing friends!... I had gals take my children for a night of pizza and pumpkin carving so I could stay late and pack, I had others just show up ready for me to put them to work- because they knew I wouldn't ask, I had others bring dinner.... It has warmed my heart so much!!

I can NOT say enuf thank you's to each of you that have helped in so many ways!!!

We will move into our new home in a week. I'm looking forward to this next week being a little bit slower!!!!

This picture is not related-- but it's what I look like after teaching a class... Pretty scary!!!!

3 comments:

Kyle & Mekelle said...

moving is such a pain! and i've only moved a 1 bedroom apt haha. props to you! love the zumba outfit. One time abby me and brenda will have to come take a class!

the happy thomas family said...

i hate moving. when we moved last year - we *literally* found out we were moving, packed, and moved, in less than a week. so glad that you have had such wonderful help - if only mental support! it is such a help! wishing you a good, happy, move.

SARAH said...

I hope you can stay in Randall a little longer!