I love the elf on the shelf idea. Not necessarily the whole "report back to Santa" part (partially bc santa is not a big deal in our home-- thats for another post).....But just the idea and excitement of waking up to find where your elf is and what mischief he has gotten into the night before....
However..... I refuse to pay over $30 for the book and elf-- so I found my own elf (and quite adorable, I might add). I purchased him for a nice $4.99 and borrowed the book from a friend and read it the first night he came last year to our home. He is bigger, bendable, and did I mention cute? (maybe I'm a little bias since he is now claimed as a member of the family.)
He was named curly for his tightly curled locks.
tonight is his third night he has been with us this christmas season. Night 1- he got tangled in the lights trying to find the good strands. Night 2- the tree still wasn't decorated so he "decorated" it with the boys underwear. Night 3- he is standing on his head on a book shelf in the craft/work room.
...... The other pics are of our fam getting this year's tree... Naturally, joe would have our 6 and 9 yr old carry it to the truck!! But jax won't b outdone-- he jumps in and "helps" too.
At 8.5 ft it's the smallest tree we have had in years.... But the boys are tickled to have it all the same. With all the unpacking we/I have been doing i have decided to forego decorating the house--besides the tree.
Here's to a happy December!








2 comments:
Ugh,unpacking sounds exhausting. Great looking tree. Gorgeous job on the decorating. I'm on the hunt for an Elf myself. Thanks for the tip.
we are patiently awaitig chester's arrival here in these parts. i did not pay $30 for our elf and book - we've had him a few years, maybe prices have gone up or i just got a deal. i like the way ours looks - just like the elves my grandmother has, that i played with as a child. hope you are enjoying the start of this christmas season ... my favorite!
Post a Comment