On Saturday we played in the pool...
Jaxon was so excited to be in the water that he decided his float was too confining and that he wanted to swim with the big boys... He jumped out of his ring 2 seconds after this shot... Good thing daddy was there to save him... When Joe pulled him out of the water he was so mad. Not scared, not grasping for breath.. just irritated he couldn't swim away and play.
This year Lucas began to swim on his own, he can swim across the pool on his own, jump off the diving board and slide down the big slide at grandma's house. He knew how to swim last year, but wouldn't leave the shallow end. No matter how much coaxing he received he wouldn't leave the shallow end. Finally one day a little girl his age said, "O, I know how to swim I don't have to stay in the shallow end" so Lucas puffed up his chest and said.. "well i can swim too" and he marched over to the deep end, jumped off the diving board and swam across the pool! What a boy... already trying to impress the ladies!!
That night we went to Flounders to eat. It has a great beach atmosphere. Everyone there is in swimsuits and barefoot. The restaurant is completely open to the beach were there is a sand volleyball court, lounge chairs and a playground for the children. The boys loved it! They would eat a little, then play, and start all over again. (this place doesn't really reinforce all the manners I try so hard to instill in our little guys)
For those of you that have been watching the news we had a visitor heading our way Hurricane Gustav... For a while it looked as though we were going to get hammered, but when we realized we would just get some heavy wind gusts and heavy showers we decided to stay and opt for plan B.... Our Sunday plans took us indoors instead of out. We went to the Naval Aviation Museum.
As i began to take our final picture with Joe and the boys on the anchor we began to feel drops of rain. By the time I took the last picture it began to POUR (the kind of rain that stings when it hits you) so we quickly grabbed the children and ran to for the parking lot. Joe yelled out, "hey, who's got the baby?" I turned around and said, "you do!" he was running with the baby under his arm like a football. We were soaked we were laughing and then WE COULDN'T FIND OUR CAR!!! Finally we found it! We were all soaked to the bone... and laughing so hard. We finished the day with some fresh seafood from Joe Patti's and a great night of rain, wind, thunder and lighting...
8 comments:
It looks like you had so much fun--what a fun memory of getting drenched and laughing about it!!!
looks like Jaxon will be like Carter with the water!!! looks like you guys had a blast...especially getting soaked and I'm sure the boys loved every second of it!
How fun! I love reading your blog. Keep up the good work.
Hi Manda. I saw that someone came to my blog from here and then I found my blog on your blog roll! How flattering! Your boys are SO CUTE! It's fun, but kind of scary at the same time to teach them to swim, isn't it? Yes, it was good that Daddy was there. The little guy sounds like a whipper snapper! Thanks again and hope to see you around!
you have got such handsome boys, manda!
Manda you always have such fun ideas! Joe is so lucky to have such a great go-getter wife. Just what he needs to keep up with him and his spawn! LOL Love ya. keep up the fun! Squeeze those boys for me. Do you want the video of Carter pushing Juliet off the diving board?
How FUN!
hey you, I can't believe how big your boys are. Time goes by way to fast. I miss being away from the beach. But do love the mountains. I love to seethe goings on at your place Natalie
Post a Comment