(these pictures were taken after i got some of the desitin out... I was covered in it and couldn't take pictures prior to this point...)




So i looked at carter again and said, "who did this?" He looks to his right, then his left, and back and me and responds with..."Jaxon???".... I tell him, "Nice Try Cart, but you and i both know jaxon doesn't know how to reach the top shelf and he doesn't now how to unscrew tops... so I am going to ask you again, who did this??" HE does another look and says..."Lucas??" I am so frustrated at this point in time of the day that I find the closest wall, tell him to stick his nose on it and to NOT MOVE! I take Jaxon to my shower and put shampoo in it to wash it out... YEA, RIGHT! I try it again, thinking i may need to really get in to the roots to get this stuff out... NOPE!! So i remember that people put peanut butter in their hair to get things out...I'll try that... I run to my pantry..EXTRA CRUNCHY is all I have... "It'll have to do!" I think to myself and run back to the shower... By now Jaxon is in the back corner of my shower and I can't reach him... So as I try to grab him I am getting soaked, so I strip down and jump into the shower naked with JIF in hand and start trying to work it thru his locks... NO BUENO! Not only is it not working, but now he has chunks of peanuts in his hair... and he is screaming bloody murder because this is the THIRD time I have tried to wash his hair... So I am holding him under my arm like a football while we both stand in the shower and I try to pick the peanuts out of his hair... Carter decided to come in and see what all the screaming is about (remember he is suppose to be glued to the wall in the next room)... I have no patience, I yell for him to get back to his spot "OR SO HELP ME....". I feel at a complete loss and don't know what to do.. I call Maria for some tips... she has girls and long hair... maybe she would know what to do. --No response. So I am left to the quickest thing I could think to do... I grab a towel and while soaking wet and jaxon sitting in the shower covered in desitin and jif peanut butter and whimpering I run to the computer and write a facebook post... it said: "I am in a state of RED ALERT... DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET DESITIN OUT OF HAIR??? MY SWEET 3 YEAR OLD JUST SMEARED IT ALL THRU HIS BROTHER'S (21 mo) BEAUTIFUL LONG HAIR... nothing i have tried is working... if i can't get it out I will HAVE to cut it....=( HEEEELLLLPPPP!!! Call the national guard...fema... scottland yard.... anybody!!!" Within 30 seconds I get a phone call from Sarah (My sister-in-law who lives in MD) I answered with a frantic hello and she says...OLIVE OIL...try olive oil!... I tell her thanks and run for the pantry again...I go back to the shower...strip back down (so much for not getting my hair wet) and begin lathering jaxon with EVOO and it's working... I get it ALL out... however.. I now have another problem... Baby has gone from looking like an albino to a white boy with jerry curl... his head was SO GREASY!! I realized... I would DIE if anyone saw him looking like this!! So I try to wash it with shampoo two more times... The results were improved enuf to take him into public, but barely...Carter sat in time out for close to an hour while I tried to salvage his little brother's "sampson hair"....
It's now 24 hrs after the fact... I am just hoping that by Sunday his hair will be back to normal... If not... you know why it looks like it does... I got 11 responses all together from many wonderful helpful ladies... THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! and THANK YOU SARAH FOR ACTING SO QUICKLY.... YOU ARE AWESOME!

So no permanent damage done and I hope that if this happens to any of you... that you will be able to have a much smoother transition to cut the grease...!!!
Thanks for reading!!! Just another day in the life....
9 comments:
Oh my gosh... I feel your pain (mama's get this!) but I couldn't help but laugh hysterically at your story. I had NO idea it was so hard to get out of hair... though I do know that it sticks to skin like glue so I can imagine! I have climbed in the bath/shower many a times for the multitude of things I have had to wash of Hayleigh! Not so funny then!
We've totally been there. The other day I came to peek in on Lil B who was supposed to be taking a nap. It was a combination of hydrocortizone and balmex that he was massaging into his scalp. A itty bitty tube of baby orajel was half way gone and the chewed up cap was found days later. Thankfully I didn't have any problem getting the white stuff out. You did good Mamma.
Did anyone suggest vinegar and water? That's what my DH reccomended.
oops I meant Momma. You did real good.
Love it! You always make me laugh. Sure, it's easy to laugh now huh? I would have been close to tears! Love you Manda. You're a great mom!
Oh Amanda, you are hilarious!
you poor thing! I have to say though....I am so glad I am having another girl!!! lol Love you.
HEHEHEH!!! it still funny the second time around!
That is absolutely hilarious!!! I can totally picture Carter saying that it wasn't him!! Well I'm glad Jaxon's hair is back to normal!! Can't wait to see you this weekend!!
OH Amanda! I hate to say it but we laughed the whole time reading this. I am soooo sorry though! That totally stinks. Good thing you blogged it for memory sake. :)
Post a Comment