Friday, August 14, 2009

Lucas Starting School

Last week my sweet Lucas turned 7 yrs old. Where does the time go? He is a great big brother and very responsible. I love having him at home with me. He reminds me when he is suppose to be on restriction and has a memory and sense of direction that is astounding.



As most of you know last year I opted to keep lucas home from school to homeschool. I LOVED it!! I never realized I would enjoy it so much. I use to be very anti until i really dug in and did some research and found how rewarding it can be. I would like to continue, but with moving into our new home last month I have many things that are keeping me tied up and I don't want it to keep lucas behind. I prayerfully made the decision 6 weeks ago and enrolled him in school soon after.

Here are some picture of his first day of school. (sorry some pictures are so blurry... i couldn't get carter to sit still... plus they are all taken with my phone)



**one last picture before they jumped in the car to go.... you can tell they were pictured out**




Silly boys





as you can tell from the theme of most of these pictures... carter and lucas would much rather be silly than to strike a GQ pose for mamma...





He seems to have a wonderful teacher and he likes going... Each day I pick him up and ask how his day went he always announces first the length of recess, and that he has to sit a lot....I miss him so much everyday!! I love you Lucas!!!

2 comments:

KaYla said...

What cute kids! Happy first day of school!

Carissa said...

he he... all those funny faces! Your boys are so cute. Have a terrific school year!