Almost two months ago, joe began taking time to go golfing every friday after lunch. He can get 18 holes done just as the sun goes down. It's a great break and fun thing he likes to do. He ALSO takes along #'s 1 & 2 for the fun and festivities. Lucas gets to drive the golf cart for him and carter chases after his friends balls and throws them in sand pits and close by ponds... *grr*... but really people, what do you expect? This is CARTER we are talking about! Here are some pictures of the boys swinging some clubs and yelling FOUR!
Lucas:

and Carter:

Last week Joe announced that he didn't know if he would continue to bring the boys with him on fridays... I asked why... This was his response,
"Well, lucas was playing around on the golf cart and began to drive up a hill, when he realized he hadn't given it enuf gas I started to scream to him 'BREAK, BREAK'... he didn't break in time and the cart began to creep backwards... So what did lucas do??? He did an army bail out the side and let the cart drive backwards straight for the clubhouse... And then carter finished off his gatorade and his brothers so we took three trips to the bathroom... one time we didn't make it and I was left with a boy in wet pants... and besides that, amanda, if the boys keep being themselves, no one is going to want to go with me because carter keeps picking up their balls and moving them!"
In other news, my brother ryan has moved close by for some military training for the next few years and we are so excited to have him. He had a little over a week off to look for an apartment so we had lots of time to hang out and watch THE OFFICE... (our favorite!) He is a great uncle! I always wonder how someone single reacts to crazy loud boys running at full throttle all day long... if it bothered him, it didn't show.... Thanks ryan for all your help!

--Uncle Ryan reading to Jax and Cart
And lastly... Joe and I were asked to give talks this last week. We had two weeks notice... WHICH IS ALWAYS NICE!! because it gives you a chance to really sit and think about the topic you are given and be prayerful and fully prepared on the subject at hand. So i read, prayed, typed, and got my talk prepped and ready to go. I was ready! Sunday morning rolled around and went pretty well... As well as any sunday morning goes. So far, so good. Joe and I both prepared for about 12 minutes each. We both agreed we would talk slowly to allow us to end exactly at the right time. As a gentleman Joe allowed me to go first. I began my talk fine... but realized I needed to clear my throat, so I tried to do the ladylike thing and quietly clear my throat to the side so i could continue... but the tickle just got worst... I did a quick swallow as I was coming to the close and suddenly got a terrible tickle in my throat... OH NO!! So I am trying to hold it in but my eyes are watering and i can barely talk... Perhaps to those in the congregation I just looked very moved about my testimony...!! But it was getting worse with every word I tried to speak... so i quickly closed and quickly left the chapel so i could properly clear my throat and get some water. Poor joe was left with a much longer time frame!! But he did wonderful and I'm grateful he could pull it all together... I'm just glad I won't have to give another talk for another year or so.... YAY!!!!!
5 comments:
The talks were awesome on Sunday. I was one of those that thought you were touched by the spirit. I had no idea that you were suffering the whole time. You pulled it off beautifully.
That's awesome that you have your Brother around for awhile. It sounds like your boys are crazy about their Uncle.
You have alot of funny ( real ) stories!!!!! Life is always exciting at your house I bet!!!
Love the update. I vote Joe continues to take the boys golfing. Just think of the memories he's creating. I bet that was pretty funny.
lol boys will be boys especially Carter! That's great that Joe takes the boys golfing with him. Hopefully it continues...haha
Thank you for giving me something to laugh about today. I needed it!!
Tell Joe it's his duty to take the boys! :)
How fun that Ryan can be near. I love being near Kelly - but am looking forward to being a little less close, soon!!
Post a Comment