Friday, September 4, 2009

Repeating the 1st Grade

Per request of one of my MANY diva sister in laws, I have been asked to post more often! Ofcourse when you think about it, she is totally right. Who needs to care for children, wipe toilets, make meals, taxi drive, balance checkbooks (like i do that anyways), complete a primary program, plan a baby shower, dote on husband, and oh, in the middle of this I was just reminded i have sharing time for the month.... HOW COULD I FORGET MY RESPONSIBILITIES OF BLOGGING!!! What a lazy slacker i am! Thank you tracy for calling me to repentance and I promise to sleep less and blog more in my 5 hours i squeeze in between midnight and somewhere in the early morn.

In other news everyone would be happy to know i am completing the 1st grade all over again! Last weekend Lucas came home with a life size shadow cut out of himself including instructions with words like: "be creative" and "make it your own" and "show originality"... We got it on a friday and fridays mean "let's go play, no school tomorrow!" so cut out man made his way to the corner of the kitchen desk and I didn't think much about him. Saturday we played at the park, had dinner with friends and played games that night, Sunday we had a birthday party at the grandparents house and again... more playing outside...all the while lucas reminded me, "mom, i need to make my man" while i said, "come on lucas we will do it later"... WHO IS THE 7 YEAR OLD AND WHO IS THE 27 YEAR OLD?? hmmmmm... At the close of sunday Lucas comes into grandma's house with a red face and a sour look... He was dehydrated and tired and not feeling too well. So we jump in the car to come home... Lucas is passed out in the back seat by the time we get home and I realize the inevitable... I MUST STILL DO THE MAN! Now I could of been a slave driver and said, "lucas, in between you getting sick I need you to complete your assignment"... but given that HE wanted to work on it all weekend I found fault in myself, vowed i would never make this mistake again and made my way to the dining room table for some "original" and "creative" work... 3 hours later I finished the man at midnight... I was proud of my masterpiece and when i summoned joe to come and gander at my work of art he said..."isn't this suppose to look like lucas did it??" I told him that ofcourse parents would help their children on theirs and that others would look the same...



To answer your questions, yes that is a homemade visor with an auburn logo, yes those are homemade shoe laces, yes his spiky hair is blonde because that is all the color construction paper i had, and yes his eyes are made with gold chocolate coins and his mouth is a gummy worm... THEY SAID ORIGINAL PEOPLE!!!

So the next day I helped lucas to his classroom with his gingerbread shaped auburn man... I was so worried it would be damaged if I didn't help him with the haul. To my surprise, other classes already had some hanging in the hall.... can i just say i was a little embarrassed when i saw and compared the two upclose and personal... other children's little people were colored with markers or crayons... NO SHOELACES, NO VISORS AND NO CANDY CHOCOLATE COINS FOR EYES.... SHEESH!

So to answer your question my dear tracy... I AM TOO BUSY TRYING TO PASS THE FIRST GRADE AGAIN TO POST MORE OFTEN... but i promise to set my alarm to arise at 4:30 am instead of 5:30 so i may blog of my day to day... JUST FOR YOU!!! LOVE YA!

11 comments:

Mitchell4 said...

The project turned out awesome. Great Job!! Sounds like it was a fun weekend. What games do you reccomend for game night?

Marie said...

That's so funny. Nice job... you'd better get an A. :)

us said...

I love it! You are so awesome. I bet you made Lucas proud. It was worth your time.

Mrs. Projectaholic said...

I love the little man!!! What grade did you get???

MissManda-Mae said...

to those that wonder what grade i got.. it was an N... for "needs to be done by student"!! lol

Seriously, i'm not sure what his grade is!

Anonymous said...

Amanda, I don't think Tracy really knows how busy you are....Did you see her comment to me about Cardon...HA! I would love for her to come and fix all those things....You are doing a great job with 3 boys....I don't think I could handle that....Love you!

Unknown said...

Manda, you are my hero! I think you're post is hilarious. Yes, it's nice knowing what our friends are up to but whatever happened to picking up the phone? hmmm I'm just as guilty as the next person. I HATE calling people. What to do? How about live our life and try to survive! :)I loved Aubbie (Auburn man). Bytheway, just picked up a great book that enlightened me on understanding my kids' personalities:
Personality Plus for Parents: Understanding What Makes Your Child Tick
by Florence Littauer
It's a great read but you'd better set your alarm for 4:30 to get it in your day! :) LOL

Anonymous said...

Ok, so that... is hilarious!! MAnda, you crack me up! Pretty sure that was awesome and I want to know what grade you got too!!

A Friend's Perspective said...

Glad to see your got your priorities straight girl. LOL

YOu're doing a wonderful job, except for cheating at school. Didn't you learn about that earlier?

Love ya. Thanks for the time and effort you spent updating. I will try and call - But you're so dang busy! :) Love ya.

~The Dippold's said...

You are so funny!! The Little Man turned out cute too except for that Auburn outfit of course. :)

Megan and Kyle said...

You are so funny!!! Well I would probably have done the same thing!!! Well I hope all is well with you and the kids!! Who cares about Joe! J/K We need to get together again!! Call me