Monday, November 9, 2009

October Birthday Boy, Parades, FarmTime, and Halloween Costumes

I don't have much time to post so here goes... again, please don't check for grammatical errors!!! October was a crazy month, just like the other 9 months we have had thus far this year... I'm so glad we are entering November and December, You know, the slowest time for everyone...!!!! (eye roll)... If i am not in the docs office being heavily medication for craziness you and I both will be surprised!! So here are some October highlights:

1.October began hot like every other October in the south. (Yes my boys are standing on cars that could roll at any minute, and yes i do encourage this for good photo opps!) (and yes my children are wearing nice polo shirts while running around in their diapers and underweat underneath... it's the preppy/wt look...)(and yes lucas is picking his nose in the backgroud of the first picture!!)



The boys are not only standing on something they can fall off of... THEY ARE DANCING TO THE BEAT!!



2.Lucas came home with his 9week report card with perfect marks across the board and a note from his teacher begging me to keep him in school for the remainder of the year and that the admin would work with us in keeping him in good standing with attendance. (**explains why i was going to take him out, if you already know, skip the next paragraph)

**as a side note, for any of you that don't already know, we had some trips planned before the school year that have and will take him out of school, which really racks up on the attendence charts. The schools are really cracking down on how many days your child misses school and have quite the severe punishments if your child is not there (ie, saturday school, meeting with admin, and truency court ?!?!?!?!) While i understand that rules must be in place, it stinks when your child is bored in school and makes good grades. So my plan was to pull him out this last month, but it looks as though he will stay thru the year!!)**

So it looks as though Lucas will stay in school for now, which does leave me more time to focus on my two little bizzybees at home!!

3.Joe and the boys went to a local farm day... complete with BOILED PNUTS... yummy yummy!!







3.Carter locked his brother in the car for over an hour!! Long story short, I buckled jaxon into the car went into the house and told carter to jump in his seat... Carter somehow missed the part where i said "get in and stay in" in the 20 times i yelled it, and jumped in hit the automatic lock button and jumped out... WITH MY KEYS STILL IN THE CAR! NICE! Luckily it was a relatively cool day and the temp was not bad. I called and got a locksmith out while trying to explain in my sweet mother but panic voice to PLEASE HURRY, MY CHILD IS INSIDE! After 50 min and not having anyone here i called back to find a new dispatch gal on the phone telling me she had no clue their was a baby and that no one had even left yet to come to my house... SO I BECAME UNGLUED AND BEGAN TO CRY AND YELL AT THEIR INCOMPITENCE AND HOW CAN YOU BE IN BUSINESS TONE! Come to find out she was just totally out of the loop and a locksmith was in fact on his way and was there shortly after. Once the ordeal was done and i was feeling my limbs once again my friend told me that if you have a child locked in the car that the police will come and take care of it... I'M SURE THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN A LOT QUICKER! But Jaxon was a trooper and wasn't even upset until the end. THANK HEAVENS!

4.On the 26 we celebrated Jaxon's 2nd birthay!! woot woot!! He is such a joy! He speaks like crazy and is very quick witted...(ofcours i feel that way about all my children, but this #3 takes the cake on quick learner!)... he begs to go to the bathroom and I refuse... (I'll save that for another post)he speaks and knows his numbers and colors better than 2, and is so cute "i just want to smash his face!"... it's a term of endearment the hubby uses on him when he squeezes his cheecks together.. it makes jaxon squeal with joy when we do it... POOR CHILD!

5.Our town had a local parade that we went to watch with friends.



me and kimberly...

me and maria... who actually went into labor later that day!!!


6.For most that know me, I enjoy keeping my boys matching or coordinating. Because lucas is at school all day and in a different clothes section all together, I generally try to just keep him in the same color patterns if i can help it... so naturally i like them to have a theme for halloween. This year i was late in my prep and was racking my brain up til the week before halloween and our church's trunk of treating... I came up with a Dr. Seuss theme... Lucas was going to be the cat in the hat and carter and jaxon were going to be "thing 1" and "thing 2"... when i told lucas of my decision lucas said to me..."aw, i really wanna be a ninja"... to which i replied too bad you'll be the cat in the hat... deal! (in kinder convincing words) to which he agreed (bad mother i know!!!, it's just like when i guilted him into being terrified one more time by going on tower of terror with my at disney the month before.... SHAME ON YOU, AMANDA!!) But joe did intervene, He heard the conversation and told me i couldn't make lucas be something he didn't want to be all in the name of matching... so lucas was a ninja and IIIII was THE CAT IN THE HAT! Joe was totally right and it turned out very cute indeed. I didn'm make lucas' costume, but i did make the boys and my costume... Here's the final result!!






**by the end of the night, both boys were suffering from hair loss, they were leaving remnants of blue hair on each door step they crossed... kindda like leaving a momento behind, something to be remembered by!!!

**on a side note... i was impressed at the quality of candy this year... lately it seems we have been inendated with smarties and dum dums...(blek) but this year we filled bowls and bowls with snickers, hershey's, skittles, and other GOOD STUFF!

I also planned a huge baby shower for my dear friend maria with her mother sybil. We spent hours and hours planning and I spent mega time making my curtains and covering some chairs i purchased... I'll post those pix soon...!!!

**okay spell check isn't working so i am throwing this online without any form of proof reading... =(

5 comments:

Mitchell4 said...

Great Post Amanda. You weren't kidding about October being a crazy month for you. I'm thrilled that Maria had her baby. Hope that she and baby are doing well. We all have colds here at the house so I'll give ya a call later this week. Oh and I almost forgot your costumes were soo cute. Where did you find the awesome wigs?

Anonymous said...

you are always having a crazy month woman! Thing 1 and thing 2 is awesome! I might do that for Macey and Cardon next year.....Love you!

us said...

I love the updates. Your costumes rock! I love how Carter locked his brother in the car. That happened to us last month too. We were at a restaurant and we got out to eat. I made my way around to Roxy's door just as Statton yelled, "I locked it for you Mom." I panicked and called 911 to have the police come and unlock it. Of course dispatch sent the whole hoopla. It made for quite the night. Anyway, glad we weren't the only ones...

Unknown said...

You know I love you right? :) You are great!

Carissa said...

love the costumes! Glad school is going to work out for Lucas. And, sheesh! I would have been freaking out too over the locked doors, yikes! You are going to have so many, "remember what you did to me?" stories to tell your boys!