Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Turkey Day 09

Although I live some 3000 miles away from my family *sniffle* I am very fortunate to live not nearly as far from joe's family! They are wonderful people that i cannot say enuf nice things about. We live about 45 minutes away from them, but we always LOVE to go out and bask in country livin'. Since living back in town I have really began to second guess my living in such close proximity to other houses where life seems to move so much faster and my boys are not as free to run as far as they like, play in grandma's garden and pick as many veggies they want when the are hungry, or watching the sun set over nothing but tress and feeling like we are the only people in the world. Being out there makes family a priority and MY BOYS LOVE BEING THERE!

The weekend prior to thanksgiving was a time for celebration... Joe'S sister allyson (child#13) got married. All of joe's brothers and sisters were able to attend (minus one that lives in italy and 36 weeks pregnant)... Which means 4 brothers and 9 sisters were in attendance. Many came without the entire family so they had to fly back home before the big feast thursday, but we still had a houseful... 40 people attended the event... The food was magnificent and the company was terrific!

Here are some pictures of thanksgiving day on the farm.

this our sacred grove shot... haha!

Cousin Logan and Carter...

Silly Carter Again

The Homestead



Lots of fishing to be done!

Farm Scenery! I LOVE IT!



We always do a bonfire at the close of Thanksgiving. A great tradition... the boys love it... but they aren't the only ones that like to play with fire!


4 comments:

Marie said...

I love it. I want a home in the country like that!

Kira =] said...

I know what you mean about being in the country. We love going out to Ben's grandfather's place. We really wish sometimes we could live out there. My computer desktop pic is the view from his back porch - so peaceful and beautiful.

Mitchell4 said...

Great pictures. It can't get any better than a house full of loved ones and fabulous food. Glad you guys had such a great Holiday.

Anonymous said...

poo!