Friday, May 14, 2010
babies, babies, babies
I have had an inner battle that has gone on for the last year and half. To have a baby or not have a baby... that is the question. I have good reason...my sanity being top on the list and others more on the selfish side, like all the hard work i have done to lose weight. Joe has been begging me for another for some time and that doesn't help the war waging on in my mind. A MOTHER OF FOUR?? it's almost 1:30 here and i still haven't showered for the day... GEEZ!
It consumes my thoughts atleast a few times a day. I have tried getting angry, sad, analytical, defiant... but it's no use. The feeling that another baby is waiting to come to our family is evident... AND I KNOW IT!
Last week I sat down with joe and asked for his real reason for wanting another. I don't want to hear... because maybe it will be a girl (cuz that's all up to mr. XY ANYWAYS), and not because he'd like to have another baby to smash (cuz you can pick those up during any meeting at church and give them back once the huggies start to smell)... but i wanted to know a REAL reason. Now for those who know my sweet hubs, he doesn't usually get too "churchy" on me so when he says something in that nature i tend to lean in a bit closer to hear what's going on in the ol ticker.
"I JUST FEEL LIKE WE HAVE A GOOD FAMILY. BABIES ARE BEING BORN EVERY DAY TO PEOPLE THAT DON'T CARE FOR THEM. WE ARE GOOD PARENTS, EVEN IF WE DO LOSE OUR COOL AND GET FRUSTRATED AND FEEL LIKE WE ARE GOING CRAZY. WE CAN AFFORD ANOTHER CHILD, AND WE HAVE LOVE FOR ANOTHER CHILD. THERE ARE CHILDREN WAITING TO COME TO GOOD FAMILIES... AND WE ARE ONE OF THEM!"
--aw man!! i hate it when he has a good answer that i can't come back with a rebuttal.--
The truth of the matter is, i do have good pregnancies, great births, and tho i joke of losing my mind... WHO DOESN'T FEEL THAT WAY!... i would be a rich girl indeed if i had a penny for every woman out there who says as she watches my babies ...'THEY GROW UP SO FAST...IT SEEMS LIKE MINE WERE JUST THAT LITTLE YESTERDAY'... and i know they are telling the truth. My babies will grow up, begin school, ask to spend the weekends with friends instead of me and find a woman that will steal their heart, marry, and be more important than me (which is ok, that's how i will raise them to think)... and then i will have all the time in the world to watch the price is right, sew quilts, take up tennis, and read all the books in the world. What's 20 yrs if you look at the big picture anyways. I'll tell you... IT'S NOTHING. But the children you have will be yours forever, FAMILIES ARE FOREVER!!...
So i guess my mind is made up. I'm not saying I will have another baby tomorrow, rather I will no longer look, think, or talk like my world would come to an end when the mention of having another baby comes. I loved this trailer of the new movie coming out... I can't wait to go and see it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Yeah Joe was telling us how he retired once he came home from his mission.lol =]
He does make a good point, and you have put in some really hard work, which means the next one will be something so different and very worth it.
Yay!!! I'm glad that the inner battle is comming to an end. You and Joe are amazing parents and your boys are so dang cute. It'd be fun to have another M baby to snuggle and squeeze.
4 is a good number. I wish B begged for more like Joe. I'm lucky/grateful that I have #3 on the way.
If anyone can handle a 4th... it would be you. You are AMAZING in my eyes and such a great mom! If it makes you feel better (And I will only admit this to YOU here) but I have had a little baby fever going on. I have been watching Hayleigh play with her baby dolls like a little mama and it makes me want to have another so she can have a little sibling. 8sigh* but the timing isn't quite right right now so I am going to have to wait about another year... which is probably for the best seeing as I need to get myself in baby carrying shape! Miss you and our talks! I can't wait to see you in August!
Yay! Now you and I will both have 4 beautiful boys! I only hope there's someone raising amazing girls out there good enough for my amazing boys! :)
Ha! Ha! The truth comes out!!!!
For me, before we decided to have #4, I thought about if we should have another baby every day. Of course, I thought that it must be my little girl waiting for me, but really it was just my 4th boy--as Daron said when we found out "Heavenly Father has a plan for him." Until we had him, I wondered how anyone could know they were done having kids. I now think that if you don't know, then you're probably not done, because now I KNOW that we're done and I finally feel at peace with it. You're a great mom, no matter what you decide, and I know you'll do what's right for you :). Love ya!
You can do it Manda! I knew you would come to your senses soon! Love ya!
I know exactly how you've felt, and I know how it is when the hubby gets all spiritual and actually has a good point. I think each baby is a decision made by you and your spouse and our heavenly father. I know you are an amazing mother and this baby he or she and when she comes will be eternally thankful for coming to your family!
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment