
I moved from small town alabama where my high school consisted of one hallway with a few hundred students.... TO A HIGH SCHOOL THAT SPANNED A FEW ACRES AND HAD 3500 STUDENTS--THAT GRADUATED IN ARCO ARENA!
I remember my first day of school. I was so nervous. I had moved before and was accustomed to meeting new people, but this was the most overwhelming thing i had ever done. I was going into the 10th grade. I didn't know ANYONE! We had just moved there, I was all alone. I remember walking onto the campus to look at the massive quad where everyone ate lunch and thinking..."okay, amanda... let's do this!". I remember my first class and even who i sat next to. I remember meeting a cheerleader named sasha in my first class. She was beautiful and kind and I wanted to be her friend.
My last class was English with 2 more cheerleaders, Jenny and Erin. Jenny almost yelled across the room to me that her friend erin wanted to tell me she liked how i curled my hair. Erin blushed and giggled and I knew I wanted to be erin's friend too. I remember going to football games and instead of the marching band taking center stage for halftime... the cheerleaders did... and they were amazing!
I was so nervous for the first month of school that I refused to eat my lunch because I had constant butterflies. I quickly met amazing friends. I spent my 10th grade year hanging out with Melanie and decided in March I wanted to be a cheerleader too. There were 3 teams (freshman(9)JV(10)and varsity(11-12)) I was trying out with the big dogs that had been doing this rodeo for a LONG time. These girls were so helpful that week of tryouts, they invited me to their house and helped every way they could. I'd like to add. These girls weren't snobby to others, they were smart, they weren't sleeping around causing trouble... they were good girls with big hearts.
Long story short, I MADE THE TEAM... obviously... look at all the pics!
We traveled all over the state of california to competitions. We went to natl's at sea world for dance and disneyworld for team cheer natl's and again for stunt natl's... These girls were the BEST!!! Our coach (Ms. Brewbaker) was amazing and one of a kind!!! I loved them so much... as a matter of fact, all my bridesmaids were girls i cheered with. I stay in touch with tons of them still today. Cheering in HS wasn't a good memory... IT'S A GREAT MEMORY!



2 comments:
Amanda... You were the cutest little thing, an amazed us all when u busted out your back hand springs in our school library!!! It was easy to be friends with you... And yes... I loved your hair curly!!!
Awe, my BEST memories of HS was cheer and ALL of you girls. So glad we got to share them together!! Love you manda-bear!
Post a Comment