Monday, November 22, 2010

#5 where have i been

 
I lived in Germany twice... equalling up to 8 total years.  We visited castles and ate amazing bread and lived off base in a German village. 
I have traveled to Italy and saw the beaches and watched the leaning tower of Pisa LEAN!

I have been to Holland a few times and saw the tulips and gazed at the windmills... I even own two pairs of wooden shoes!

I have been to the golden gate bridge in San Francisco and taken a ride on a trolley and driven up and down the mighty hills!

I lived in Alaska and worked at a fishing lodge the summer before i started college... I saw where glaciers met the ocean, saw killer whales swim up close and watched moose walk along the roads.  I rode on a float plane out to remote area to watch and fish for salmon and see bears in the wild.
I have been to DC and gazed upon the white house, walked thru the Smithsonian's, and seen the tomb of the unknown soldier.
I have been to NYC and watched a Broadway play, stood in the middle of time square and walked thru central park while eating a hot dog.
I lived in St. Thomas (Virgin Islands) for 6 months while my husband worked on renovations on the Ritz Carlton.

I have been many places and can't wait to visit many many more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Aunt Amanda you never told us you've lived in Alaska! Nor any of the other places. Luv ya! :)