Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dear Bloggers and Fellow Stalkers



Indeed it is true.  Life is oh so terribly busy.  My neighbors frequently tell me the only thing they see of me are my tail lights as I pull in and out of my garage day in and day out going to school, picking up from school, going to the gym, going to soccer, going to scouts, going to church, dropping off meals and going to meetings.  Does this sound like you? I'm sure it does.  I enjoy blogging my life on the computer for all to read and love even more reading all the posts you post.  What's that you say?  You didn't know that i read your blogs too?  Well I do.  I have just stopped leaving comments.  This saves me time of having to scribble that funky word blurp in order for your comment to be submitted or to just plain sign in.  For those that i have to enter my email, password, dob, blood type, and hair color... I still check, but not as often due to the time it takes to get in there.  So continue to stalk me because I'm stalking you and looking at your pictures and googling over your sweet children, laughing at your funny jokes, and streaking tears when your stories touch me.  I love you all and thanks for reading! 





My sweet Lucas turned 8 in August.  I remember that day so well.  My world has never been the same for the better.  I remember not sleeping for days after he was born (literally) because I was so worried I would miss something in his life.  I was an emotional wreck.  I was terrified to leave the hospital or go to the store with him in fear that someone would try and take him from me.  The name Lucas has a very sweet meaning behind it.  Before Joe left for his mission he went to live with a family that touched his heart forever.  This family lost their son to a tragic accident a few years before Joe came to live with him.  His name was Lucas.  When we were trying to come up with a name for our little baby boy, one day Joe said to me.... What about Lucas?  I instantly loved the name and we knew we wanted it.  Joe called his adopted family and asked if they would mind.  They agreed, and even traveled out for lucas' baby blessing in Iowa.  When Lucas was born and they came to visit the mother shared with me that the name Lucas meant "bringer of light"... No words could better describe this sweet spirit.  He truly a boy that has brought light to our home and to all he meets. 

(For those who are not of the same faith, this is just a short explanation of what baptism is in our church)
We believe that when a child turns 8, they become old enuf to begin to understand the difference between right and wrong and then become responsible for the actions they make.  It's almost as if the first 8 years prior are the pregame show to learn and try out these skills that they are taught.  Once they are baptised they become and official member of the church and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.  The Holy Ghost is a constant companion to each of us that helps us to make the right decision. (Kind of like Jiminey Cricket in Pinocchio) As long as we do the things we should and make good decisions the Holy Ghost is our content guide or compass to help us along our way.  However, we all make wrong decisions.  So it's our responsibility that when we do this that we make amends for the wrong we did and try to live better.  This is a daily occurrence as none of us are perfect.  In our church we take the sacrament once a week to "renew" our baptism covenants we have made.  Essentially, each Sunday when we take the bread and water that has been blessed it's as if we have been baptized all over again and we are made "clean" again.  Here are some pictures of that day and the slide show we made at his baptism for everyone to watch.  The song I picked was "child of light".... this song could not be more perfect for our sweet Lucas.---nevermind... i couldn't get it to load... too bad... it would've made you cry too!

LOVE YOU LUCAS!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

My baby boy is turning 8 in Dec! I am so nervous and excited for him. Nervous b/c I worry that I have taught him all he needs to know to make this step and excited for the blessing this will bring to his life and ours! What a wonderful post and beautiful day for you all!

Kara said...

You guys look great! Congrats to your little bringer of light!! Such a grown up little boy!

Windy said...

Oh my goodness! i can't believe he's already baptized!!! Seems l ike yesterday we were celebrating his bday at the ghetto bowling alley! :) Congrats!