Monday, September 1, 2008

Tropical Storm Faye

Our family loves it when it storms! We like to watch the weather channel and hope that bad weather heads our way. We like to sleep listening to the rain hitting our roof and we love to sit on our front porch and watch the lightning and listen to the thunder. When it rains the first thing my boys do is ask if they can go out and run in the puddles and play in the mud. As long as there isn't any lightning I say.... "SURE.. WHY NOT!?!?" These are the things my boys will remember as they get older. Not if mommy dusted every day or if the dishes were done 15 mintues after dinner was finished... it's the fun things we did as a family.

First we played out in the rain...



Next we built a fort in the bunk beds and pulled out the toys from our 72 hour kits... Flashlights, kim lights, snacks and other fun things...




And last we pulled all the pillows, blankets and stuffed animals and put them in the hallway and pretended to have a slumber party....




These are the things I hope my children remember about stormy days and mommy.

3 comments:

Brian said...

i am going to copy this motherhood technique, just so you know :D I can't wait to do that with Ethan!!

-val

Marie said...

You are such a fun mom!!! I love it!

Krystal said...

You are an amazing mom! Those times are priceless...I only hope I can let go and do stuff like that more often.