Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Chrstmas Toys...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone!!

I realize I am a bit behind and my pictures are a bit blurry... but i took them with my phone. I never seem to have my camera handy when I'm outside with the boys... (Maybe that's because it would end up in a pond, mud puddle or fed to the dogs or horses)

I've had a few people ask me to post a picture of the boys new christmas mobiles... Because I'm an anti video game mom and prefer the boys play outside, I thought these would be a fun thing to have. Since we are in the perfect place where the boys have a lot of area to roam and play we decided this would be the year of the FOURWHEELERS!




When the boys first got on Christmas morning, Carter gave joe a good leg work out... but by that afternoon joe and I were able to lounge around in the field and watch the boys jump the hills and race each other. To go along with their new 4wheelers we thought it important they had really good helmets... and a good thing too. So far Carter has t-boned lucas, fallen feet over handle bars and ran himself over and lucas has launched himself off doing donuts... it all sounds much worse than it really was... thank goodness for helmets! Everytime both boys jumped up and wanted to do it all again! BOYS!!! When they go down to the pond to feed the fish and joe goes with, lucas will take jaxon on his lap... HE LOVES IT! and is pretty upset he didn't get one too! We've decided the criteria to a 4wheeler is that you have to be potty trained... perhaps that will be some motivation... Hope everyone had a super christmas and are ringing in the new year right!!!



No Jaxon wasn't really riding either time...






All our love-
Joe, Amanda and Boys

11 comments:

Mrs. Projectaholic said...

I love those 4wheelers...I wonder if they come in pink?!? :0) Need to do a date night soon!

Mrs. Projectaholic said...

PS...I put the pictures from the day we were out there on the my blog...you have to look at the one with Carter running :0)

Carissa said...

Oh boy... FUN!!! That's much more exciting than video games.

Burkhardt Family said...

Oooo GIRL!! Aden is getting a motorcycle for his B-day next month! We need to get them all together to ride!

Unknown said...

You are a lot braver than I am! Zechariah can totally handle one but Gabe, my 3 year old??? NO way!!! The 3 yr old next door has one and Zech rides it and loves it. Gabriel is just starting to ride on his own but prefers to ride on back. Good luck! They look like tons of fun!

A Friend's Perspective said...

I think you are CRAZY! But then, you married my brother. Yep, it's certified. You're crazy! :)

Windy said...

Yay! You're back on here! Sounds like everything's going great down there. We miss ya'll!

Nicole said...

How fun! I bet they do love those things. My girls want some so bad. They look like fun.

Krystal said...

How awesome! I'm so jealous of the year-round outside time. I'm adding midwives to my search, one actually took the place of the doctor that died. My only fear is that something will go wrong and the jerk doctor that delivered Ryan will be back in the picture. Thanks for the advice, I'll let you know how it goes.

Raf and Kimmy said...

Wow...How fun! I bet the boys love being out there. I can't believe Carter can drive one of those. Andrew will probably be wanting one in a couple of years. He needs something to get some of that energy out.

Jessica said...

Cameron would be so jealous. He wants one soooo bad.