Sunday, March 22, 2009

It Makes Me Sad...

Yesterday I had a garage sale at my house. I am so glad it is over. It was more like a moving sale. Everything in my house was for sale. We had furniture on the lawn... things in my driveway... EVERYTHING! I worked all day friday and friday night thru the night into Saturday when we sold it all. I was awake for 36 hrs straight with only a 5 minute nap when i passed out in the driveway of a fast food joint waiting for my veggie whopper from burger king...(it's very delish... a must try) I have been out of the house since November of last year, but joe has been staying there durig the week finishing up odds and ends and because the drive back and forth to town is almost an hour one way. I almost feel like an army wife w/o the great medical benefits!! But alas... the furniture, blankets, washer and dryer and chairs are all gone! The kitchen is complete, the plumbing and electrical finished and the last thing left to do is to update the landscaping in the front yard to make it more appealing....

But that isn't what makes me sad... Yesterday while i was having my garage sale a man ran off with my cell phone... I am so sad!! My phone was expensive and my lifeline to the world... I had over 200 phone numbers, addresses, and other misc info that im sad to not have! So if you call me and hear.... "we're sorry this number has been disconnected" it isn't because i didn't pay my bill... it's because someone decided to run off with my phone!!!

Also in the midst of my craziness on friday i ran over a 350 edger... so i began my yardsale in a $200 phone deficit and $350 edger deficit... alas... I am still alive and today more rested....

7 comments:

A Friend's Perspective said...

awww Amanda! I'm sorry you had to sell all your stuff and lost your phone and smashed the edger/eater thingy! I wish I could be there to give you a hug! And to think I called in the middle of this and added more gunk to your plate - sorry!

Now, post pics of the new house!! -You superwoman you!

Windy said...

Oh noooooo!!!! That's horrible! I was SO looking forward to talking to you yesterday/today. :( Garage sales are always a nightmare. You are amazing! :) Let me know when you get a new phone so we can talk about....things.... :) Miss you!!!!

Mitchell4 said...

oh Man That's aweful about the phone and the edger. Other than that I'm glad the sale was a success and all your hard work had paid off. Dishonest people make me so mad. grrr. Especially when it happens to good people like you.

Mrs. Projectaholic said...

I'm soooo sorry...I texted you on Sat. and it wouldn't go through...I know exactly how you feel :0( Let me know when you get your next phone...I'm glad your garage sale was a success though!
ps...missed you guys this weekend :0)

us said...

I am so sorry! Go eat another veggie whopper to feel better! (I love those!) Hopefully you have recovered and got a new cell phone for your birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL! Hope you had a good one. Miss you!

The Rhodehouse's said...

You didn't tell me any of that happened. How crazy!

Lisa Fox said...

I didn't even know they had veggie burgers...I just hate when things like that happen....I have been cell phoneless for a while now and it sucks. Hopefully you will be connected soon though. I'm sorry you've been single mommying it...yuck although i definitely know how you feel. I also can't wait to see pics of the house though!