Thursday, October 1, 2009

A DISNEY WEEKEND!

(Before reading please note, I spent much longer than planned on this post, because of that i have not gone back thru and proof read all that i wrote... to those that complain of my typos and wrong spelling... DON'T READ IT! To the rest of you that don't care...ENJOY!)


Hidy Ho!

Last weekend our family decided to take a quick R&R trip to Orlando. Joe has been very busy with work and as of last week had only taken 2 days vaca all year long. Even after Jaxon was born he was back at work 12 hrs later... Needless to say... a break was needed. He had two houses getting wrapped up last Friday and decided this would be a good time to steal away for a few. So where did we go??? Where do we always go....????


WALT DISNEY WORLD OFCOURSE!!!!!

The boys didn't know we were going. We kept the secret until friday (the day of the adventure). We woke up our normal time and got lucas and the boys ready for the day... after family prayer joe said, "I think i will go with mom to take you to school today lucas." Ofcourse lucas thought that was cool and so we were off (Little did the boys know the back of the car was already packed)We drove all the way to lucas' school and even went thru carpool... but we just kept driving... Lucas said, "uh, dad you missed where i was suppose to be dropped off." Joe just told him that he had some land he wanted to look at and to no worry. We drove until we hit the Florida line and lucas announced to us that he feels like he missed PE.... so we spilt the beans and told the boys what we were doing. They were so excited! Stopped for a late breakfast on friday at a waffle house... EACH boy ate an entire waffle, eggs, biscuit, bacon, sausage and orange juice... WOW! the boys can pack away some food! Jaxon can eat as much as his older brothers if not more... (it's a joe thing!)



Friday night we got tickets for "MICKEY'S NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY"... u have to have a seperate ticket to get into the park... Everyone else has to leave. Because we planned so late to go I opted against making their costumes and just got the boys coordinating glow in the dark halloween shirts... I AM SO GLAD I DID! It was hot and the costumes would have been destroyed! Here are the boys on the monorail going to the magic kingdom:





My phone died shortly after so i didn't get anymore pictures of that night...=( but the wait for rides was only 5 minutes... and the party was great! They have a parade with the folks from the haunted mansion and the villains from disney movies, the fireworks are again halloween themed with great colors and music (but always..."not so scary") and all the villains were out at the kingdom that night. We stayed in the park until almost 11 with the boys. Both lucas and carter were able to ride splash mountain and thunder mountain rr and they LOVED IT! A great start to our trip.

The next morning we took off to a waterpark. It is still very very hot here and a waterpark was just what we needed to help us relax. Lucas is a great swimmer and carter can swim until he gets tired... and jaxon will def be swimming by next year... He is already very close. 2 & 3 floated around the lazy river with me at typhoon lagoon a million times while joe and 1 went and rode all the fun slides. Later we all met up as a family and did the wave pool. The waves there are different. They let out one giant wave every 90 seconds that plows over everything in it's path. So i just held onto the two little ones while lucas and joe went and rode the waves in. Maria and I stood with the children and let the water knock us off our feet while we held onto the children. Jaxon and carter loved it!! Disclaimer: it is not for children that are afraid of water.

Our good buddies Jason and Maria came down to disney with us to relax and enjoy the weekend too! It's always fun to have friends come... Most of our disney trips are taken with them. Typhoon lagoon also has a great water area for the children. Here are some pictures of that day...















The next day we spend at Hollywood Studios (my favorite park next to magic kingdom ofcourse). The crowd was a bit more than i would have pref and it was super hot... but we had a good time still. We even got lucas and carter on Tower of Terror!!! dum dum dum...



Tower of Terror is based off the old tv show the twilight zone. You enter the scary hotel and watch a movie with the music of a family that get into a elevator that drops 13 stories to their death... Even the bellhops look at you creepy and really play the part. It's a great ride! But as carter got closer to getting on the ride he said do joe, "um i think this is going to be scary, I think i want to get off" so joe said okay and that he would have to get into this elevator to go down... BAD JOE! So not realizing it, carter got into the ride. For those of you who have done this ride before you know it doesn't just drop you once, you get slung up and down 6 or 7 times... so in the picture you see lucas with a stone cold look straight ahead and you have carter looking like he is climbing the cage of the elevator and joe trying to keep him still.... THE PICTURE IS PRICELESS AND WE DIDN'T GET IT!!!!! it was such a blur once the boys got off that we totally forgot. Here are some pictures after. Please note carter is NOT crying in the photo because he was scared but because he couldn't have any CANDY!







Lucas was even a champ and did it again with me. He did tell me right before we went down, "mom, i will do it, but i am scared half to death!!!" The second time is always harder because you know what to expect... LUCAS IS SUCH A TROOPER! I told him he gets super kuddos because lots of kids ride it once, but he did it TWICE! He rode the second time with his eyes close and in the fetal position... I FELT SO BAD! So as we were walking out joe said, "wow, lucas, all in the name of your mother!"

Next we waited for lucas and joe to do rockin roller coaster. Lucas loved that ride and did do it happily with me again later that day. We also watched lights motor action (a really fun stunt show where cars drive really fast, a man jumps off a building, another man catches on fire, they ride motorcyles and jet skis and the boys LOVED that!)







Here are few more picturs of our trip.... It was lots of fun and not long enuf...!!! So i guess that means... WE WILL HAVE TO GO BACK AGAIN SOON!!!

This is a picture of our hotel... The Dolphin:










Jason and Elaina...she was so tired, she took a rest while we waited in line for toy story... (A GREAT RIDE!!) And Evie always as cute as a button!!






One of the restaurants we went to a man made balloon animals for the boys while we waited for our food... He made a monkey, motorcycle, num chucks and a scropian... wow! pretty talented in the balloon making dept!





We had such a good time that on our ride back we planned our next disney trip in a few months... WDW... HERE WE COME!

Later that day joe was on the phone with his brother and Jake said to him on the phone... "you guys are always going to disney, Man joe, your wife loves some mickey ears..."

My response to that is .... YUP!!!!

8 comments:

Marc and Stacy said...

Amanda-
I've been meaning to comment back to you! I just haven't been blogging...I'm back, I think. :) Thanks so much for your comments.

Totally jealous of your trip! We want to go so bad!

Mitchell4 said...

You are seriously one of the coolest Moms I know.

Tower of Terror is one of my favs. Looks like a funpacked weekend.

The Phipps said...

Looks like your boys had so much fun!!! I think we need to go...I haven't been in years!!

Carissa said...

That is so fun you kept it a surprise! I've never been there but hopefully someday.

Mrs. Projectaholic said...

I'm so glad we made it!!! Can't wait for Feb ;0)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you guys were swimming in October! It's freezing here in Kansas and was a month ago too!! Lucky!

Stephanie Snyder said...

Amanda!! How fun! We haven't even taken our kids to Disneyland yet. I'll be sure to ask you questions when we make plans:) I love your blog! It's so fun to stalk your family from over here, hahaha.

You are such an amazing mom! I "loved" the fire truck red nail polish on your carpet, you poor thing.
Your kids really are so much fun and cute!! I'm so happy for you and your family.

So....remember in EG when we went on a youth trip, I can't remember where, but it was somewhere FREEZING so you and I sat in the car the whole time? You told me stories all about you and Joe! Later on up at Ricks I thought it was so cool when you told me that you were marrying him!

Stephanie Snyder said...

oh! remember that time I stayed the night at your house when your family was out of town? I thought it was so funny that my mom let me, but she trusted you so..... Remember how your hair looked JUST like the lady in the magazine when you spread it out on the floor? Maybe that's weird that I remember that,haha