Thursday, January 7, 2010

HERE'S TO A NEW YEAR!!


I realize to those who i only know via the blogging world that I don't post much. That's because I tend to only use my facebook now. I can update pics immediately from my phone and put short little captions/posts while sitting in the car at a red light... Blogging tends to me much more time consuming, but it is more in depth. So if you have a facebook account but we aren't friends.. give me ur info so i can add you!!

With that said... I was recently released from Primary where I have spent the last 8 of my 9 married years. Six of which were in a Primary Presidency... That means SIX primary programs, 24 primary activities, and 312 Crazy sundays of finding last minute teachers, sharing times, singing times and wild children. I guess you could say that the primary wing was my home away from home. I understand the program, how it runs and what is expected. When we built our new home we moved from one ward where i was the primary president to the 2nd ward where I was called as the 1st counselor (primary)... But recently our primary presidents husband was called to the bishopric so we got the heads up that we would probably be released soon. I will admit, the thought was a bit exciting to me, just because you feel like you run out of ideas and the children would perhaps enjoy a new face to look at! So when the Bishop called me out of primary on Sunday I wasn't too surprised, expecting the release.... but what i wasn't entirely prepared for was a call to Young Womens... the president of young womens... WHAT?!?!?!? I am at a loss... I have three boys i don't know anything about girls, except for the fact that i am one... but like i have time to worry or think about that while I am on the floor playing firemen, dump truck, and monster truck rally!!! But all joking aside, I am very excited, but feel very unprepared for what lays ahead of me... TO ANY OF YOU LADIES THAT HAVE ADVICE AND WEBSITES TO PASS ALONG.... PLEASE DO... I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET!

I am ready to begin a new year! I have lots planned for myself this year. It's going to be a good year... I CAN FEEL IT!

Last Monday Night while we were having FHE (family home evening) we spoke about responsibility and the jobs/role of different members of our family. One point in the conversation went a little something like this:
Amanda: What is dad's job to do?
Carter: He makes bucks(that's what carter calls money) for our family.
Amanda: So why does dad need to make bucks for our family?
Lucas: So he can pay taxes!

Lucas is learning economics at a young age! It was a very funny moment.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE...!!!

11 comments:

Kara said...

Hi Manda... first off, congrats to being in charge of the young women's group! I think you will actually be wonderful at it! You are open and accepting and you can draw from your own experiences (good and bad) at that age to help guide them! You know I am not of the Mormon faith but I did attend some of the young women's group when Annette taught it back in the day and I loved it. I think you will do wonderfully!

I think 2010 will be a banner year! I love even years! 28 in 2010.... I am looking forward to it!

Mitchell4 said...

Young Womens Pres?!!! That's awesome. They are gonna love you. I mean it hasn't been that long since you've been outta YW yourself right? :)

Gosh, 8 years in Primary?. Change is good. Your gonna do great.

Unknown said...

Oh! I am sooo excited for you! I was 2nd counselor for 2 years and LOVED it and now I'm in Primary!I'll help you if you help me :) Just be yourself and love the girls. They'll love you and trust you if you do. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, YW pres that's crazy! You will do great like everything else! I couldn't imagine having that calling......that would be real bad. Call me when you get the chance woman!

Meghan said...

Wow Amanda! That's great! You are going to have so much fun! I've got a book for you to see. It has some great YW ideas. I had that calling when we were in Germany.
Anyway, I hope y'all are doing well! We haven't seen you for a long time. We definitely need to catch up!

Windy said...

I love love loved being in YW! check out ywconnection.com they have a lot of cute ideas and other websites to check out. Good luck! I'm jealous! Who are your counselors? Oh! and you can post to the blogger account from your phone like you do for facebook. send a text message to your log in username.post@blogger.com

us said...

Congrats on the new calling. I am a counselor in Young Women's and it has by far been my favorite church calling that I have ever had. It is busy, but you will love it. My favorite website is www.sugardoodle.net. They have such great ideas and awesome lesson helps! Good luck. You will be great!

A Friend's Perspective said...

Amanda, I can't think of a better YW president! My advice? Love those girls and HAVE FUN!!!!

Marie said...

You will be awesome! I think one of the most important/influential things you can do is to just be a great role model. I think that sticks more than anything else. Plus you're amazing at whatever you do. Lucky girls!

~The Dippold's said...

How exciting! I know you will do wonderful! I loved being in YW! Congrats! :D

Anonymous said...

That is so funny what Lucas said and YOU, missy, are going to be amazing in YW's and those girls will just love love LOVE you!!!!!