Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Challenge



I have a dear friend from High School that i still keep in contact with. I have been reading her blog and she has motivated me to blog about what I am doing. I (like every other woman in america) feel the need to get in better shape for the new year! I feel like this year I am done with the excuses. I am not pregnant or nursing, so i feel like that excuse is gone. My youngest is almost 2 1/2... so I can't call it baby weight, BESIDES, IF WE WERE REALLY HONEST WITH OURSELVES... WHAT DOES THAT REALLY MEAN??? I have a gym membership WITH childcare... So with all this said... I AM READY TO MAKE THE COMMITMENT!

I have begun the body for life challenge... I don't mean I kindda started the program.. I MEAN I AM HARD CORE! I have my pre packet submitted, before pictures taken in a swimsuit that was not made for the body i have today, and meals are precise. It's a 12 week program and I am fighting to the death on this one! I am ready for the change! One and a half weeks down and I have dropped my body fat by 3%, lost 8 lbs, and 4 inches... LOTS MORE TO GO, BUT IT'S A START! I have to eat six times a day and work out six days a week. I am determined. I have lots to live for beginning today..!! My soon to be hot bod is going to be on the cover of the next book...!

9 comments:

Mitchell4 said...

Way to go Amanda. That's awesome. It sounds like your off to a fantastic start. 8lbs.Wow. Good job.

Lisa Fox said...

WOW! I am so proud of you. I think that is wonderful. NOT because I think you "need" to lose weight,but because you want to get healthy. I can't wait to be able to get back into working out, I ALWAYS feel better when I do. Congratulations and you can do it!

Mellie T. said...

You ROCK, Amanda!! And congrats on your awesome start. You HAVE to post a pic of your hot bod after 12 weeks! LOL :P Keep it up!!

Anonymous said...

Go Manda!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! I am totally impressed! I only have 5 lbs to lose but we don't even want to talk about the toning that needs to happen! (It's quite disgusting actually) I am SOOO excited for you! Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo so proud of you. I need to get this book and test it out! You go girl and thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog! I'm gonna get a big head!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Big head meaning: Ego! :)

The Grandy's said...

Well, for me. baby weight means I inevitably put on 30 pounds with each kid. Usually, if there is enough time between children, I lose it all plus some. But now, it means I still had 20 pounds from the last one and have put on 5 with this one. So I am almost to 9 month pregnant weight at 5 1/2 months and I want to KILL myself. So yeah, I should have about 65 pounds I need to lose after I have this baby which is equivalent to a backstreet boy. I can't wait to see if this works well for you so I can do it!

The Bravos said...

that's awesome manda!! brian entered into a 12 week thing to with gold's gym! go, fight, win!!!