Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Let's Talk About Dad's

The men that i celebrate on Father's Day give me much cause for gratitude.  The first is actually affectionately known as "PAPA".  My mother grew up speaking french and called her father Pappa, so we carried on the tradition in our home. 

My papa is a stud helicopter Pilot.




He has been deployed and fought in wars for over 30 yrs of his life.  He keeps the State of California Safe, by running all the fire operations in the sky.  The next time you watch Fox News and See Helicopter's Dumping water over the the high blazes, it's either him or a mission he's conducted. 

 

He is in charge of operations for the entire state of Cali to rescue people on the sides of mountains for hikers in the summer and skiers in the winter months.  He flies his helicopter with precision as he maneuvers it as close to the mountain as possible in order to get the rescue done.



He is at the top of his game!


Did I mention he is an amazing griller too?????


He can grill anything to mouth-watering perfection!!! MMMMmmmm, I can almost smell what's cookin'!
You can't see what's on his grilling apron, but it says in bold print across the top, "POP" because he is the pop to my three little boys who love him so much!


He takes super care of my mom.  To this day you can tell every time he looks at her that he is in LOVE! ,,, and what says love more than allowing her to have over 130 pairs of shoes in her closet?!?!?! (it's a long running joke in our home!)

I LOVE MY PAPA SO MUCH! HAPPY PAPA'S DAY!!

The Other Man in My Life, Is Joe!

Did I marry him because he is great at putt-putt????

While he is good at knocking that ball over all those obstacles, I didn't marry him for his great athletic skills!

Did I marry him because, like me, he rarely takes a serious picture??????

While I know it's hard to believe that I didn't marry for his "photogenic" abilities... this is not why I married him.

Did I marry him because of his Christmas-tree-picking-out skills???

Hmmmmm? Not particularly, but i will say, he has great taste in picking out almost anything... take a wife for example!

So why did i marry the man that I would spend forever with?


I married him because he is funny.  FUNNY is a must for me!!
He makes me laugh so hard, that i feel like my sides are going to explode!


I married him because of his love for children.
He isn't afraid to take our boys to work with him to give me a quick break.   He is a fantastic father to our children.  He loves them and cares for them and wants to spend time with them!!

I married him because he has drive and a very strong work ethic!

He is a terrific builder!  He has done well for himself without the help of dual incomes.  I can remember a time when he left home at 4 am and came home at 9-10pm in order to allow me to stay home with our children.  I have never worried about him doing what is necessary to help our family move forward!!



I married him because even though it doesn't come from his mouth in the exact words, I know that he thinks the sun rises and sets with me and our family!!

Happy Father's Day Babe!!

There is one more father I'd like to give an honorable mention... and that's MY FATHER IN LAW!  I have the privilege of being able to live near him and have really gotten to know him.  What a great man he is as well!! He loves my boys so much!  He loves his son so much!! He tells me each time i see him how much he cares!!


Happy Father's Day John!

2 comments:

Mrs. Projectaholic said...

I love this post! I haven't been to your blog in a while :0(...but I'll keep up with it now :0)

Lisa Fox said...

Great post! You have some pretty amazing men in your life! Good thing they have one amazing woman in theirs!!! :)