Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Best Birthday Ever!!!

One week ago.....

(Joe talking to Amanda across the living room)
Joe: So, your turning 30???
Amanda: (pause) Uh, Noooo! Only 29!!
(a very LOUD exhale comes from Joe followed by 3 sighs of gratitude)
Amanda: Is turning 30 that BAD?!?!
Joe: Oh, no! I have been stressing every 5 minutes of the last month trying to come up with something BIG for u for your birthday and i was drawing a BLANK!
Amanda: Well, now u have a year to plan... SO I'LL EXPECT SOMETHING GOOD!!!

Indeed-e-do, today was my 29th birthday.  Although technically I didn't enter the world until 10:10 pm at a whooping 6 lbs and 7 oz., my day has been celebrated in what i like to affectionately call... MY BIRTHDAY WEEK!!  Tonight it officially ends and tomorrow we will celebrate my sweet mother's special day! 

I started the birthday week last Friday when my buddies (Kimbo and Mia) did a triple date to a nice Italian restaurant... We got dressed up and went out for the night... My wonderful parents watched the boys thru the night.  It was a great break... Mia made me some of her famous cupcakes... BROWNIE STYLE... because she knows how much i heart brownies!
In my zumba class yesterday morning I announced all thru class that we had to work hard because my birthday was the next day... We danced hard and laughed the whole time.... those are my favorite classes!

This morning i was up by 5am with a text from my mom wishing me a special day.  (Birthdays are a big deal in my family and she knows how to really make u feel special)  She watched the two little boys so i could go get pedis with my buddies...

then I went to Verizon to pick up my new IPHONE


the hubs and i went out for sushi....

....and i went shopping at the mall.

Then I had a class to teach this afternoon, someone asked why i didn't get a sub because it was my birthday.... and this is why....

1. I was greeted at the door with a lollipop bouquet wrapped in ribbon from a trainer.
2. 5 minutes after walking into the group fitness room I was greeted with pink and black balloons, a card, and my all time favorite candy... YOU KNOW... THE BEEZ NEEZ... STARBURST JELLY BEANS!
3. before my class started they all sang HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME
4. During my warm up my BUDDIES (KIMBO AND MIA) showed up with MORE balloons and another cake... this one was a zumba cake!  My class was packed and we all had so much fun... i was of course dressed in something funky to celebrate the day... polka dot long socks, big flower in my bun, and a birthday girl sash! 

This is why.... MY zumba peeps are the BEST and most loyal! I love them!!

After my class it was time for birthday dinner at my mom's, Bacon Cheeseburgers, fries, and... YUP, ANOTHER CAKE (this one had candles)

here are the two little boys... hovering over the food.

this is the "you are special today" plate... our family tradition is whoever's special day it is... they eat on that plate... my burger sat nicely in the middle!

Everyone sang, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU......"
and made a wish....

* yes that pink ribbon was put on me by my mom that says PRINCESS!

After dinner I went to church and my SWEET SWEET GIRLS made me brownies and ANOTHER CAKE...

This is only a few of the girls.

As I drove out of the parking lot and thought about all the facebook posts from friends wishing me a happy birthday, my THREE birthday cakes, the generosity and time that so many took to show that they cared finally took it's toll.  I cried... I felt so incredibly special today.  Heavenly Father sure does know just what we need.  I am so thankful for my life, my family and my friends.... U never see a hurse pulling a uhaul... but my friends and family I will have in this life and the next!!!

6 comments:

Mitchell4 said...

Awe I love that you had such a great day/week. You deserve only the best. Great pictures. Love ya like a sister from now until Eternity Amanda. Muah.

Lisa Fox said...

That is so wonderful that you had such a wonderful day. Birthdays are special and I think it's wonderful that you let yourself enjoy it. Way to go to your family for helping make it so special..and all your friends. Wish I was closer to be one of those that helped with that. Love you!! :)

the happy thomas family said...

so fun. glad to hear that someone else celebrates birthday weeks. :)

Unknown said...

Sooo glad you had a great day! You so deserve it!

us said...

Happy Birthday Amanda! I'm glad you had such a fun week. I Can't believe we are in our last year of our twenties. Where does time go? I was excited to see the picture of the special plate... We have the exact same one. No joke. Love ya!

Stephanie Snyder said...

Holy cow girl!! You totally know how to celebrate your birthday! I'm so glad you have so many friends and family around you!