Monday, April 4, 2011

Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn

WHAT?!?!?!?! another post?!?!?!?!!? this girl is on a ROLE!!!! yes, it's true! I am trying to be better about journaling and keeping tabs on my life that seems to fly by in the blink of an eye.  Perhaps i feel like it's going so fast i must take pictures and create posts so when my life finally does slow down (and it will), I can look back on this time a relive it all over again.  The first thing I will notice is probably my terrible grammar...but the next will be how much I miss my boys being little and enjoying the simple things like our day yesterday. 


Yesterday was general conference where instead of going to church we watch talks being given via satellite from SLC (lds headquarters).  We do this twice a year.  Our tradition is to go out to grandma and grandpa's farm and spend the day with them in between the conference sessions... (there are 5 sessions total over Saturday and Sunday each lasting 2 hrs each)... It can be long and bit boring for three busy bees, so Joe took them fishing at the pond.  I was amazed!!  I knew my boys liked to fish, but i didn't realized they could do it on their own.  Lucas and carter can both bait a hook, cast their line, catch a fish, pull the fish in, and set it free... ON THEIR OWN!  Now is the time where most of you will probably think... well, of course they can... can't everyone???? to which i would reply... NOT ME!!! I was impressed to say the least.  They were tromping around in the muddy pond water and doing what boys do... it made my heart swell to watch my three little musketeers in action.
Okay, the sun was going down, so i guess this isn't a very good picture, but this is Lucas (tom sawyer)

Carter (Huckleberry Finn) ... notice the bare feet... sitting in the tree swing is Joe and Grandpa (Joe's dad).

"Huck" Checking his hook.

It's hard to tell in this picture, but "tom" is holding his fishing pole in between his feet while he is trying to stay warm... anyone who knows how laid back this child really is would understand that this picture is worth a thousand words!!

Jaxon... aka BIG KID (which is what he answers to these days) tromping around in the mud.

Father and Son enjoying the beautiful day,

Pole on his shoulder and moving to a "better spot"

Grandpa and Big Kid


The catch of the day was by "BIG KID"... Joe had to help him pull in this monster catfish... We did throw him back against Huckleberry's protest... HE WANTED TO "HAVE HIM FOR SUPPER!" 


You have to look closely, the fish was the same color as the table.



Here Joe is trying to convince BIG KID that the fish isn't going to eat them!

"Big Kid" still isn't convinced as u can tell from the photo!

How did this city slicker end up with such country boys??

2 comments:

SARAH said...

I want to be there so much! Did mom tell you we are staying at the farm for a month this summer! I can't wait!

Marie said...

I am so jealous you have access to such a peaceful, beautiful haven. Wow.